Firm sentenced after worker dies after inhaling paint stripper


An employer has been fined after a worker dies after inhaling fumes while cleaning a chemical stripping paint tank at a motor vehicle repair company.

The HSE investigation found the employee was provided with no formal training in respect of the use of the chemical stripping tank and the chemical strippng agent used, instead he was given 'on the job' training.

The company were fined £50,000 after pleading guilty to offences under section 2 (1) and 33 (1)(a) of the Health and Safety at work act.

If you would like to read the full story please click the following link

Back to recent news